Monday, February 11, 2019

You Miss 100% of the Shots You don't Take

First place and counting, that's right how about them Islanders!  It's still a long ways away before Lord Stanley's Cup tournament...quite possibly the most intense tournament in North American professional sports, with participants from all around the world.  It's the only sport in the world that it's a good thing to score a goal and get into a fist fight in the same game.  You certainly aren't allow (nor is it condoned) to do that in any other sport...and I am including boxing and MMA.
FYI (short for your information)
DYK (an abbreviation for did you know) that I use to take hot yoga with a former MMA champ?
His name is Chris Wiedman, and he is a swell of a guy.
You just never know who you are going to meet at yoga class, you really don't.
I've met some really crazy people there too.  As a matter of fact, most people at hot yoga are crazy.
But don't let them know I said so, after all what's that saying about throwing stones if you live in a glass house.
That's why I always wanted to live in a teepee, there is no need OR desire to throw stones.  Stone throwing is overrated and underscored.
Unless you're skipping stones, because that's fun and good.
As a kid, I could spend an entire afternoon trying to skip the perfect stone...hence, how and why I have profoundly come to peace with the philosophy that perfection is a transient illusion that leads to anxiety, angst and a constant insatiable desire for more of everything.
Being that I have said less with more before, I might as well quite while I am a head with short hair....once upon a time I had a lot of hair, and all that got me was a big bill for shampoo and conditioner.
Can I please, please...please find the resolve for happiness even with nothing in hand.
That would be a great humanistic lesson to be had.
Don't you say?

The quote by Wanye Gretzky

No comments:

Post a Comment