Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I may be Radical

I'd prefer to call myself progressive in my thinking (I've even been accused of being down right crazy at times)...yet my philosophical eye continually weaves and roves itself well beyond any conscious box any one person will create and instill to imprison their beliefs and principles.
It came to me via mid conversation with a sweet, little old lady by the name of Lorraine (she  bares a small resemblance to a Hobbit...don't tell her i said that though).
What if,
(this is strictly hypothetical...and very much radical)
there are limits
of 7seven7 years
set on marriage licenses?
For starters
That would kill the divorce rate,
plus it will certainly make people work harder in their marriages...
How so do you ask?
If i loved my spouse, and i knew that i had seven years with her, i will do my best each and every day to make her the happiest i can...otherwise at the end of the seventh year, why would she re-up with me?
Married couples, can become unhappily complacent within the barriers of sour marriages...the majority of people getting married today will end their relationship in divorce...why not, se7en years, give it a shot and see if it works

No comments:

Post a Comment