Friday, August 31, 2012

I am Most Unique when the Blue Moon Rises...

I am the stars above the heavens, the soil beneath your feet...
I swim in your oceans, and fly through your skies...
I am a son, a brother and father...
A cousin, a neighbore, a friend...
My blood boils with fire, brimstone and passion...
My temper calmly wades in cool gentle waters...
My tears rain freedom...and my sighs breathe relief...
I help the daughters, sisters and mothers that cross my journey...
I fulfilled every which wish that graces my tables...
and every desire that coins its stack in my pockets...
I roam like a panther in a lawless jungle...
I stalk like a hawk, the prey that lose their course...
The herds in the fields are free of my presence,
The fences shield them from my shadows...

I refuse to be captured...I refuse to be contained
I am the light, I am the dark...
I am the good, I hold the bad...it's my decision
What to do...and where to go...

Pray we all find our road, and we see our path
Clear of obstacles...free of turmoil

I am no one, and I am everyone...
I am the poet, who scribes the world
From the eyes I see...

No comments:

Post a Comment