Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Circle of Eight

On January 27th, in the year 2006 i hosted a dinner party with seven guests.  Fillet mignon was the headliner, a multitude of side dishes along with a cart full of appetizers served as the entourage.  Dessert?  Some nondescript cake, i can't even tell you who made it.  To cap off the menu, the most important aspect to bind our gathering came via from our  final arrival.  I remember her well, because she had the allure and solidity to leave a lasting impression.  In many ways i am speaking about the eighth guest.  She held her own personality, which never guarantees how agreeable that can be in any given social setting.  She was both my friend and guest, yet i still held a certain level of expectation from her.
After all, it is within my prerogative to create some sort of anticipated behavior and/or reaction from interacting parties within any given interrelationship.  Ultimately, it is my perception and how i  allow it to furnish my landscape inwhich any and all my guests will be summoned into.
And so it shall begin
I choose my instrument of choice, an old gift with much power.  I drive its angled tip lightly into the surface as i begin to rotate my right grip in a counter clockwise direction.  I meet my shallow end, flip it up and drop it down.  Wedge it in good.  Sudden thrust up.  POP!
Meet guest number eight, 1998 Sassicaia.  Legends have been created to honor this goddess.  I expected to become enlightened...uniquely seduced with her charming trance.  I slowly let her flow from her home into my cradle.  Nestled in my palm.  Cheers...we raise our chalices, we say our prayers and wishes with all endeavors.  Clingggggg.   Crystal always creates a harmonious yet heavenly ring, like none other.  As if angels were singing.  She officially announces her arrival with an array of aromas reminiscent of spice, meat and berries.  My enticed lips caress the edge of the glass, she flows onto my palate and introduces me with a full bodied surge of soft and velvety juice.  She sits there, swirling side to side.  The ground shifts, i fall into a fantastical paradise.  Her essence lingers, but after her slow long dance, she does fade...forever in my memory.  Eternal bliss.
I turn to my left, to guest number four....?
"Yeah, thats ok" she says...Maybe she is more a dessert woman

No comments:

Post a Comment