Thursday, February 14, 2013

Standstill Time

Like candles draped along the brim of my hat...
Lit, dim into the evening air...
Fleeting shadows decorate the yellow walls...
Faintly mimicking my every motion...
Liars!
You're ALL Liars!!!!

Their dance is daunting
Their expressions are faceless
Their intentions are ambiguous
Abstract to the untrained eye

Which lays blinded by the dark
Confused by the spaceless void
We call life
....
I cringe by unknown sounds
I flinch with all sudden movements

Like an owl, perched out on a tree
Watching me,
Closely
Intensely
My predator...Waits
In those shadows...

They'll come a moment
Whereby
Complacency secures it's place
And Out I Come
To Play
In the dark...

I pray
That I am no prey
I hold still
Breathe
Shallow
Slow
L O W
Crawl
low

Here comes my Devil
My time has come
Up and away
Far
Gone
Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment