Thursday, October 22, 2015

Laugh Out Loud

speaking French is almost as important as understanding Dutch,
as in
One for you and two for me
Or was it
Three for us, and none for me?
When did Eye become the singular selfish boat ride out to sea?
One amongst boozing buddies absent of their nagging wives?
Tisk, tisk...such moot boring lives
Amid all this world's lies!!!
I promise, I swear...!
That I don't only have just one pair of underwear
When did life revolve around a sum of useless promises?
Lying politicians and empty bank accounts?
I swear, I promise....?
Nothing more than what I can already give
And that's
My blood
My sweat
My fight
with all my might...
But, what I don't want,
As in always and forever
Is a nagging wife, in a nagging life
With an empty bank account
and
A raging hangover from all this nonsense of thinking
and
Believing
That my will is a result of awakening in the midst of the
Land of the Free
....
Yeah,
Sure
I'm just going to move my office to the basement.
After I pay all of my taxes and fees to the banks that have promised me this golden life.





PS Things that will always sound sarcastic:

- good for you

- way to go

- ok buddy 

- nice to know

- thanks a lot

- yeah right

- totally

No comments:

Post a Comment