Monday, June 20, 2011

One for Everyone's Bucket List Indeed!

Lets eliminate the most obvious fact of this parade, which is the attention pinnacle for exhibitionists abound...this was by far the most interesting and most certainly, the coolest parade that I have ever witnessed.  Fact number One:  Beer is sold to anyone willing to drink it while spectating (or parading)!  Last I saw, public drinking during parades was punishable by citation.  Not in Coney Island.  Fun Fact 2:  Every minute or so the parade would halt...so all spectators have an opportunity to interact with the parade.  Next year I'm going with a camera (*and I absolutely hate getting my photo taken...I have finally found an exception).  Weird fact numb3r THR3E:  Families.  It seemed that anyone with a child, brought their child to this.  Children, Booze, Naked People...I guess its OK, after all it is Coney Island.  Had I not been by myself, I may have opted to loiter (post parade) and seek out the many to be found after parties...something tells me that this is where the wildest point of this pagan-like festival exists...had you seen the party goers, you'd understand.  This truly was the coolest parade that I have ever seen...meet me there next year.

Next Festival that I will look into going...Burning Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man

No comments:

Post a Comment