Friday, March 8, 2013

How Was Your Day?


What's today, I say?  My voice is gruff, yet my tone is lightly flavored with twinge of jade...
Wet, blinding white snow saturates my field of view.
My slush soaked sneakers seal my frozen socks to my feet...each step I take, releases a small splatter of water...
Swoosh and Splat
My legs are cold, my nose is red...
Why did I wear shorts today?  Why must I?
Today...is much like every day...
Another day closer to my grave, another day to change my chance...
For better,
For worse!!!
Life hath no mercy on any soul,
Life plays favorites...ONLY from a distance

The deafening dull loud vroom of the vacuum...a sound that ricochets off of the Cathedral ceiling
An Excruciating noise...monstrous and unforgiving
Damn...I can't think...
Of all the preposterous and Ridiculous meaningless thoughts that crowd my mind...
From the empirical and obscure...all the way to mystical nonsense that creates fantasy and wonder
Weaving a sense
Of how to dress
How to think...
If only...that vacuum would shut up....

Volume does speak
In a voice that sometimes screams
While on...
Other days,
It teases with comfort and delight

The fireplace dances with a flame...
A tango that mesmerizes and soothes my active mind
Peace...at last...
The vacuum long ago ceased,
As did the snow, the rain...and everything in between
In my simplest dialect...
My sincerest wish
Whispers words
Of a long, played out day

Cement walls, decorated with shelves that house
Bottles upon bottles
Of Many, Many red wines
They call this cellar home

I pray, only to a Godless plate
Which keeps me company
Reminiscing of a short lived past....
and I think of how
I shared another day
With a thankless world
And unforgiving hypocritical society...
That often blames the innocent
And rewards the guilty

If I was special
I would take a seat with fate
...and have a cup of tea
Devise a faith...fairer than fair

Ah, if only...
If only my mystical nonsense
Had merit

Unjust or Not...I do not shed my sweat, nor my tear...
I will not hold my breathe and rely
What I will do is...
Hold a faith for my fate to be fair

No comments:

Post a Comment