Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Morning Chat with Bucky Number 2


Like all things, there are advantages and disadvantages with being single.  Overall, I have seen time and time again, people in stagnant and unfulfilling relationships...walking through the motions because they would rather have something (someone), rather than nothing (or in search of that someone).
Key questions when evaluating relationships:
A) am I happy?
B) are my needs met? Am I being understood (am I understanding of them)?
C) am I evolving into a better individual as a result of being IN this relationship?
D) am I good for my partner?
E) are we on the same path? Similar plans?
F) are they who I need to be with, and am I who they need to be with?
What's the functuality of the relationship?
How compatible are we?  Will we BE compatible (very difficult question to accurately predict/answer).
People change, always...it's called human development, and the process starts at birth...and runs up until death...for better or for worse, drastic or subtle...it happens to us ALL.

Sometimes, individuals evolve under a positive pretense, and mature into an irresistible and becoming aura of goodness...other times, people are soured with bitterness (plagued by misfortune) and burn bridges through their destructive tour of a lost sense of self and worth.
Not everyone heals,
Not everyone kills...
Some people are positive, while others will forever be negative.
Some people provoke negativity in us, while some will shower us in a basking glow that will spout a tender positive atmosphere.

(Relationships in which we ignore the negatives, and make excuses for the inadequacies...Harbour the unhealthiest of connections...and lead to a dysfunctional state...often destined for an abysmal, ill-fated and unhappy end)

Make no mistake about it...
Every relationship takes a BIG effort.
At this point, one must evaluate if their effort is worth their energy.
One common denominator is all successful relationships is...C O M M U N I C A T I O N
The Holy Grail of eternal relationship life...

Without it we drown in a lonesome bifocal existance of emotional insignificance and unrequited loveless indifference.
Without it we lose a sense of 'Us' and 'We'
and often forget who we are (or were)

I am fully thankful that all my past experiences have brought me here today, whereby I understand my 'self'
and I know,
How I can contribute to the 'us' and the 'we'
More Importantly, what I Need to do in order to initiate and nurture that process.
BUT
Keep in Mind...
It will always take two to tango

Just because you may do the right thing(s), does not insure that the best scenario unfolds...
And when it doesn't, it's not your fault if the other person had a different plan
Or they changed into a foreign/unrecognizable individual/existence.

We can't help everyone,
Not everyone wants/deserves our spirit

Ultimately, look inside soul...and figure out
The Who am I part first,
And Then...
Know what you can give, and what you need...

No comments:

Post a Comment