Monday, March 30, 2015

equal(ity) mercy

I (truly want to) believe that we are all equals...
yet, (eye) continually see so many unfairly judged by most (the rest)...
And, those same Judgemental Hypocrites look for (favors)...and believe that they are privy to certain entitlements.
Truth be told, my truth and yours....We are nothing but a civilized Gang of Savages who deem ourselves belonging to a higher level.  Shame on us for being so ignorant!
Shame on you for feeding the arrogance of hypocrisy!!!

But...if I want Mercy...this isn't the place...
Oh, no...
I have been stoop up, kicked down and left for dead well before I ever approached my death bed...
You know what got me up and out?  Coming face to face with my death warrant...posted by a jury of somebody else's peers.  Who ever told me that life was fair, not only lied to me...but set me on a course to crash and burn!!!
I, being the fair individual that I am...wrote my will and mailed it to a mail order bride that only Russia could ever share with a lad like myself.
Fair is for soap operas and fairy tales.  So...I beg you dear world....share a better fate...instead of spitting on the will of those that love you....please!

I once had a memory of a beautiful lady, absolutely drop dead gorgeous with a head full of drama...
She turned and smiled at all the boys...
And she'd ask:
"Isn't my drama cute?  Isn't it sexy?..."
I replied with a sigh, hung my head before her guillotine had a chance to climb and drop.
"Drama really isn't cute.  A puppy is cute.  Drama is draining and counterproductive.  If you put it to a vote...it would be a landslide anti-drama verdict."
Karma has a way of sniffing out trouble and settling the score.
An ongoing score stuck in a purgatory between my now...your yesterday...and our tomorrow


I was somewhere, but up until then my now will be your yesterday...and you 'Will' completely forget about me (how dare you do?) forever, all by this time tomorrow...nothing more than just another faded dream...vague at best, deja vu at most...and just like that dream, our dream...you will let me go...



Call me guilty, I am what I am...
And to most
I am nothing more than this misunderstood derelict of a misanthrope.
Truth be told, I am anything but.
Labels often fail to categorize everyone and everything
(Why I don't use them!)

No man knows the genuineness of his convictions until he has sacrificed something for them.

E. H. CHAPIN, Living Words 

No comments:

Post a Comment