Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blind deTales

Is it Eye before Eee?  Or e before I?  What was that thing about the See?  Idk (that's short for 'I Don't Know'), but I'm sure that It's all in the details...

So,
The tic has tocked and my clock has stopped, dead square a minute past dusk...tisk, tisk my frantic random mind grumbled and my jumpy legs wiggled...antsy and fiesty, they got together and made a quick dash for a daring escape.  But the door was locked...dead bolted shut and the key was nowhere to be heard from.  The buzzing light of the flickering exist sign hummed in victory as a stale dark alley stench oozed all around us...nothing more to do or see...so I took my seat next to a sleeping hobo who drooled a novel as he snored with love and affection.  The stranger in front of us heard the the commotion....he got from up his reclined seat, spotted the book...grabbed it and Ran up the stairwell stuffing it into his wife's friend's purse.  The lights dim to black and he was gone, but by now the show has began.  The commercials were short, the people in them were tall....OR...were the Tall commercials with short people....?  I can't remember....but what I do know...the train came to a stop, and it was mine to take.  On to my feet.  The doors unbolted, the bells began to ring and ding...the hobo awoke, got up and screamed..."hey you, book thief...get back here with my masterpiece!".  Surely he must not have meant me?  He was nothing more than an accuser with a finger, and no motive or direction.  Filled with disgust, I got off only to scream...."this, (being me), is not whom you need to discuss this with!!!"  You filthy wretched wannabe hero thief.  The doors had already closed, the engine stoked and ready to follow the trail...a slow roll began to define its direction....and that direction was far and away from me.  Look at that, another day, another lost thought...another unheard word...I muttered, as I turned went my way....
He left with all of them...somewhere else, somewhere distant...and they all think that I took his last dying heart to a dinner for two at the Tavern.  What a shame.  A quarter to eight, I arrive at my destination, and not too late...my date was already there, and in her hands was a book...she told me how she found it in her purse and thought that it would be perfect for me to read.
Funny.  Funny how the hobo knew all along...
Funny how no one else saw anything other than what they wanted to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment