Tuesday, December 1, 2015

encased

Brick by brick, stone by stone
with each passing year I layered this wall...
Not just any wall...it's my own personal wall
Separating...
Protecting me from your world
with a deep and vaunted moat
with
No bridge and no boat...
I am out of view, out of mind
I am casted to another place, another phase
To distant dimension...
An entire different realm
Here, I am guarded...here I am insulated from this (and all past) worldly wickedness that has besieged and plagued the soil I walk on
Breathing in this poisoned air
Yes, this earth in which we all sprouted from will become our own eventual final destination....
Start to Finish....Our One and Only Home
Yet, my wall
My protector
Is my haven
My only chamber of peace and solitude
Here is where
My empathy styles a touch sensitive
in hearing my specific voice.....
A Tone
Deaf
As in me (mine)
Never yours, his or hers
harsh
Damned by chance
A vice that finds a home in our soul...
Yet...it is my wall...that separates me from all...
My place, my phase, my touch, my voice...my wall
here is where I write my rules and choose to obey them
If and when if ever

Your voice,
Your face...
Gone Somewhere beyond my wall
Nonexistent
Nondescript
All in All
Insignificant and mostly irrelevent

My Wall seperates me from everything
and it's here where I choose to exist
Even if,
It's just me and my one and only wall

1 comment: