Thursday, December 3, 2015

What's the Million Do$$ar Question

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"


- Evelyn Beatrice Hall
aka S.G. Tallentyre
 The Friends of Voltaire




When did political correctness cross into the realm of hypersensitive stupidity?


True Story:
The banning of yoga class at the University of Ottawa over yoga's quote unquote "cultural appropriation" reguarding yoga's supposedly questionable origins....that may coincide with possible cultural social injustices (WTF really?)...

Better yet, what about  all the hoopla over politically correct halloween costumes....certain universities and institutions have banned Halloween costumes such as superheroes, geishas, squaws, cowboys, indians, Jesus Christ, sexy nurses, ghosts, witches, cross dressers or any wearing of trench coats, ponchos and sombreros....plus outfits accessorized with weaponry....All in the name of 'Lets not offend Anyone!'
Personally, I am offended by everyone's idiotic sensitivity to what's truly insignificant in everyday life...while ignoring certain basic moral givens, such as, treating others with respect and intelligence.
Too Many Dumb People hold the loudest voices....
Why ban fake guns, but keep giving out real ones?
Because we shouldn't offend anybody?
Why ban Native American costumes?  So we can forget about the genocide that transpired on this continent over three centuries?
Why ban yoga class but sell jelly donuts at the cafeteria?
It's all stupid, and everyone seems to fall victim to it....because, we have allowed ourselves to be mindlessly manipulated in believing in mirrors when we should be more aware of What our world around us really looks like.
Geez....and I almost woke up feeling good about my day...now I am ornery as hell!
Stupid People Suck

As Joan Borysenko once told anyone willing to listen to her:

The Million Dollar Question ISN'T if (how, when or where will) we die....Oh No....
The Question should be How Will We Live?





ps to those who are still reading and (or) pontificating....
I am more than emotionally prepared for that day when I get to meet my maker...if there even is a maker...which, to be perfectly honest with everyone...I tend to think not...but, since we are pretending to be politically correct, I am not going to fully assume that there is no maker...
Anyhow, if (or when) that time comes....will my maker be emotionally ready to deal with the ordeal that I will bring to our little sit down Pow Wow chit chat?
Either way, I'll still bring the wine...and yes, I will be expecting hors d'oeuvrs!
Adios Amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment