Monday, October 6, 2014

Today was Yesterday's Tomorrow

Anxious moments, tireless days...sleepless nights
I sit in my thoughts, remembering my treasured hours
Evaporating in a shadow of my disappearing memories
Wondering 
where did the time go?
Measuring
How
fast
My 
Life
has
past us all on by

Like a view from my window
Going from the summer
Through the pastels of Fall
and now settling into a winter hole
Of fading sky dims
as the cool air grows thin
The sound quiets, the mood swings sway
The bridge gate drops, my conscious walls go up...

You come,
Knocking on my door
Rhythmic 
Pounds
Fist to fist
Striking my invisible ironclad portal
Slaying my demons 
Penetrating past my impenetrable inhibitions
and Deepest, Darkest Secrets

It's here I stand
Face to face
With my faithless fate
Looking back into my forgotten past
Recalling my fights
Measuring my victories
Mourning my defeats
It's my lust for battle
That depraves all satisfaction
Of a worthiness immeasurable of any and all resolution
A Destitute without direction
Much like my endless dark tunnel
that
i
I N S I S T
on resolving
...conquering
Finding an end, discovering light
illuminating my long lost journey
One dominated and
Overpowered by conflict
No different than any other...
Plaguing flights all throughout humanity

My fears, much like your tears
make up our Oceans
These oceans feed our minds
Our sprits
and our souls...
Giving Us All
The gift of Life
A life with experiences
Experiences that teach lessons
Lessons in life of how to swim and experience our oceans
Appreciate Life
and Grow into a world with Deep Oceans
And cosmic,
Endless Horizons

Your words touch my mind
A mind that has build a world
Too Sensitive to break from a lack
Of trust
Of love
Of passion
Of fight...
Our words, Our actions
Speak volumes of how our world grows,
Evolves
Metamorphosis
Into a future
Questionable
Susceptible to destruction
Of a hand designed 
Just like yours or mine

Be weary
Be prepared
To fight for what's right
A world with no harsh words
A world of many faces
Enlightened 
Built for everyone
To have the right
The Privilege
Of seeing these oceans
The heavens
Experiencing
Love, lust, passion
Holding curiosities 
Testing boundaries 
Limits of unsolved mysteries

This shouldn't
This can't be be the way that this...
How Our World...
Our Life Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment