Monday, May 9, 2011

I found what i forgot only to regret what i had done

       I either have an Angel watching over me or a Devil provoking fate with each step I take on my continual path of personal enlightenment and everlasting empowerment.

     Six 6:30 Thirty a.m. Sunday morning, my glass lamp which rests adjacent to my bed manages to fall on my head...LOUD CRASH, shattering...my cat in fear and confusion from instigating that little tango runs out in a hurry.  Damn, my head hurts and i need to get to work.

Wait.

My car, its not at my house and my cell phone is dead.  No problem, I'll walk over to my sister's...she, hopefully will give me a ride.  The One1Mile walk early Sunday...its nice, sunny and pleasant...and Oh so quite...I love the calm serenity of a peaceful morning.  The sun heats my exposed legs, i can feel that radiant heat permeate my flesh.  I see my long stride as my shadow parallels my journey.

Knock, ring, ding dong, knock...BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!
I hope she's up, if shes not, she will be UP UP UP and I'm sure she will be happy to see me, Again...

OH Yeah that!

ThreeThirty 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
"Hey Eleni, can you come and get me"
"I'm walking along a major highway"
"thanks"

Shes going to be thrilled to see me again this early, twice in less then 4four4 hours.

"You are the most annoying brother"
Thats how she greets me at the door.

"can i sneak in a ride with you to work this morning?"

"Fat chance"  "I'm running late, and your out of luck with me"  "better luck today, elsewhere"

I call Kelley.  "Tell Randy I am unable at the moment to get there, please cancel for me and tell him that I am sorry"
I Need to find my car.

Its funny on days/mornings like this...how your memory comes back in random droves...piece by peace (?), well, hopefully.

One1:30a.m.
"Listen when you get home, text me to tell me that you are home and alive"
"No problem"  I call those famous last words.

1OneForty40 a.m.  I drove off the road, managed to avoid hitting any and all trees, telephone poles, houses and other parked automobiles.  Where in God's name was I?
Right, i abandoned my car and attempted to walk 8eight8 or so miles home...well kinda

What the hell happened to me?

I need to find and get to my car...i vaguely remember where it is.  I call my mechanic and Tow Company...I'm not much use being stranded at my sister's...she left me at her place before wishing me well.  The Tow company will only service me if I am there with keys in hand.  Kind of funny if i randomly call the Tow company to collect other people's cars.

I finally catch him on the phone. "Hey buddy I need a favor".

"So you are Alive"

HUH?

How does he know?  Oh wait, he was in my car.  I really forgot he was there.

"What do you remember?"  "Lets go find my car"

"I know what i told Candy and Alexa...Keep you occupied...and the girls certainly did."  2TwoII curvy and bosomy mid 20'stwenties20's, ready to party with you type of young ladies.  Nothing good ever happens after mid night!

Six6 Hours, Eight8Beers.  I weigh Two210Ten lbs.  I must be a light weight.  But i sure can crank out on those pull-ups.  Yoga, damn Yoga....never, and i mean never have i sweat that much in a Yoga class.  By the time I finished my class (which i will include my cool down phase), my body used up some sixteen1600hundred Kcal...that is equivalent to four slices of pizza.  Before Yoga, i fit in a quick Five5K.  Before that, I lifted weights and swung Kettlebells.  In total, TwentyEight2800Hundred Kcals.  No wonder i nearly drove off the road sometime before Two2A.M.

Its a miracle that i did not kill myself or anyone else.  That no one was maimed.  I certainly could have wound up in jail.  What i did goes beyond stupid, it was careless, and not even for myself...for anyone i might have harmed in any capacity.  I apologize to all.  I will exercise better judgment in the future in many different respects.

Again, my luck for whatever reason brought me down a very unusual road...no harm no foul this time...and there won't be a next time!  I'll do my best to ensure that.  Now let me go get my car and find a new lamp.

How did you spend your Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment