Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hello and Good Day

I allowed my curiosity to dictate my search this early afternoon...which brought me to your hidden treasure trove of interesting introsective stories. The handful i read were extremely engaging and well written of course, otherwise you would have lost my interests to seek your truths much sooner...long before I decided to initiate and compose a friendly hello.

Of all your stories that I read, I found this specific one held a small parallel to how I have felt at times when I was younger especially. I have never knowingly felt depressed, but I am certainly finicky and very picky with my associates...therefore, I can migrate my emotional status to a very desolate location. In my early twenties, I experienced extreme instances of agoraphobia (even now I can randomly get a pang of overstimulation in active public settings).

What made the difference for me was the constant support of those around me. Growing up, I was lucky, everyone wanted to be my friend...forcing me to become more social then I would have liked. Very few, if any friends and family members truly understood how deeply invested I was with my solitude...and how content I felt being by myself. Long story short, I was forced to be social in settings friendly for my temperamental emotional state. Like I already said, no one truly knew how I was internalizing my feelings.

Anyhow,
In college and through graduate school my Anti-social behavior peaked. At some point, I was hired out to tutor Human Physiology to a bunch of academic derelicts from a Fitness Organization. Being naturally gifted in fitness, I was immediately accepted by this gang of hooligans and misfits...and shortly thereafter, they invited me Into their professional ranks.
Again,
Saved by the outside. Soon thereafter,
I took employment in a very socially friendly setting...bringing me out of my lackluster interactive doldrums.
Today,
I love the fact I broke away from an emotional pit. I consider myself very lucky with being successful and accepted for who I am by my peers and clientele.
But, don't me wrong...I leave my work setting and can easily settle into the quiet ho-hum of no actions...but at least I know the taste of active experience, and it is always within my grasp whenever I want.
I feel bad for others who endure a much larger struggle...and whom feel lifeless within its clasp. If I can snap my fingers and share with others what I have been given...I would immediately do so.
Comfort with and In Company.
No oe ever truly likes constant loneliness.

P.s. Who knows, maybe I could have been lost myself within the grips of despair and depression had others not been there to force out of my ruts.
Thanks for letting me vent...

I look forward to reading your entire library, feel free to scan through my entourage of narratives. You mind if we become friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment