Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Discover

Broke.
There was a time in my life, that it all looked great.  Life was here, life was there...life was sprouting everywhere...all the grandeur, all that promise!
It seemed like it was in my best of interest.  It seemed like a fortuitous option.  So, I bled my body dry...used my blood, and signed my spirit over to the devil...
Tricked.
I was high jacked  and pillaged.  I was confined and imprisoned behind a tall wall of crooks, thieves and judges.  They stole my soul, the robbed my thoughts, my prayers and all my wisdom...left me there, on the side of the road to rot my flesh in front of a dreaded sun.
Rekindled.
My heart, still beating...I stood to my feet...
O
N
E
Step at a time, a walked my mile...gaining strength with each succeeding stride.  I found my shade, regained all my strength.  I began to understand 'The Why' and 'How'...as I watched my salvation evolve before my very eyes.  Understanding why I was here, and how that created the strength I used to stand there.
I found my old life, lost in the pocket of the devil.  With a smirk on his face, I reached deep inside, taking hold...taking charge...and reclaiming my only birth given right.  
My Life.
There I was, with my life...my destiny in my own hands.
g
i
v
e
n
An Option, I would keep my lesson...for it fed my new found strength.
Never to spare the cost it took to walk that necessary mile.

1 comment:

  1. Never to be interpreted as a 'classic beauty' but I find this quite exquisite. ...bravo Sir, on many levels...

    ReplyDelete