Saturday, June 7, 2014

Leonard

Woof Woof! The perky pooch's voice crowed...
Meow, Meow my mournful mind responded...
I heard my tone, stern and direct shout out:
"Shush!" Grrrrrrrrrr. "My head hurts, hush!"
I shouldn't have drank so much, 
and turn my day into a zombie's walking nightmare disaster.
Like a flock of birds, my thoughts just scattered into the sky...
South they go...
And out of sight.
I bridged my word to meet my mood
"My Little Mutt"
Such a lovely mess...
"Must you?  Why do you?"
Hush..........
"Treat"
Like pirate's parrot
Perched over a shoulder
That magic word
Changed everything.
As if a switch had been flipped.
Meet my shadow, he's a tamed and evolved wolf
Looking to be fed and pampered...
Just like so many that I know.
In my car, or at my home.
Hush little baby, come and snuggle
Allow me the pleasure, and greet my devil.

1 comment:

  1. Well...I'd naturally say, 'I want to kiss his nose'...but with a one of your recent posts - I would blush like crazy & get a case of the *giggles*...

    ReplyDelete