Thursday, September 11, 2014

Three Pounds

My life completely changed for the better (I think, but I don't know) the day she took residence in my mind...

She redecorated my grey matter,
Infused a few new ideas into my white matter
Switched around my cerebrum and cerebellum...
Short circuited my brain stem
Got confused between my thalamus and hypothalamus
Even though they are both in my diencephalon...?
This ALL
Caused my midbrain to have one colossal brain fart, my pons to fall like a drunk and drop off kilter....and my Medulla Oblongata to skip a beat with one swift punch love crush....
The basal ganglia was caught with his pants down...completely breaking the limbic system's heart!
All the while dissing the corpus callosum, cingulate gyrus, mammillary body, olfactory tract, amygdala and hippocampus...for a stupid chance for one solid date with one hot chick!
Well, by now...there was a huge traffic jam, spinal cord and all...right down ventricle lane...
(All those summer crowds leaving the Hamptons)
Forget it!  The pineal gland got pissed!!  My Gyri and sulci traded places.
My visual cortex couldn't see straight and my somatosensory flunked its field sobriety test.
Next thing I knew, my left and right hemispheres began to argue...like two little devils, each sitting over their respective shoulder.  The motor cortex began to get all physical, despite better judgement.
Frontal lobe, occipital lobe, parietal lobe...temporal lobe...it all felt ridiculous...
Who cares....same shit, different day.
Every brain looks the same, but no two ever act the same...said my Cerebral Cortex!

All this fuss for what?  One stupid girl who has no brain?  No guts?  No nothing!
Now (as in today and tomorrow) she sits alone in her chaotic corner, and I sit in my new luxurious home...water view and all!
And to think, She never even asked for permission either.

Who's really the stupid one?
A careless redecorating idiot?  Or the idiot that opened that door that let her in?

Fifty billion nerve cells, and not one single one would open its mouth?
No lip service for me, I guess.

I hope that you fared better with each devil...

I learned my lesson, I skipped town and changed my name.  Now, alls I have are my fading memories of an old house with ghosts with no faces and no voices...with no significant changes as to who I have become.

m
e

As in I
A criminal, a brother, a poet, a fighter.
Life is one big metamorphosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment