Thursday, March 6, 2014

Reading The Riot Act

I get read the riot act quite frequently.  Of how I need to conform, and comply with the rules of society.  Adjust my mentality and join the herd.  Otherwise, I am worthless...an undesired component of everyday life in my community.  There is a standard and an image that I need to upkeep.  In order to do so, I need to enslave myself to a life of order.  An order that rewards someone else...and when I question the legitimacy of this protocol, or expected standard...I become that ousted individual whom can't find the necessary roots to flourish in this world.

Flourish?  Really?  As a life long slave...?
I don't know about that.  I would rather become the rogue one in this world, and hope that others wise up and realize how they are imprisoned by an unattainable dream.  I can cry freedom...but where would that get me?
I'll tell you where...I gets me a reading of the riot Act!

The Riot Act was an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain that authorized local authorities to declare any group of twelve or more people to be unlawfully assembled, and thus have to disperse or face punitive action. 
The Act, whose long title was "An Act for preventing tumults and riotous assemblies, and for the more speedy and effectual punishing the rioters", came into force on 1 August 1715. It was repealed for England and Wales by section 10(2) of, and Part III of Schedule 3 to, the Criminal Law Act 1967.

To "Read the Riot Act"

To this day many jurisdictions that have inherited the tradition of English common law and Scots law still employ statutes that require police or other executive agents to deliver an oral warning, much like the Riot Act, before an unlawful public assembly may be forcibly dispersed.
Because the authorities were required to read the proclamation that referred to the Riot Act before they could enforce it, the expression "to read the Riot Act" entered into common language as a phrase meaning "to reprimand severely", with the added sense of a stern warning. The phrase remains in common use in the English Language.

Either way, when tyranny runs amok...
It's up to the civilians to question the legitimacy of their governing body, in regards to whom it is that their government truly serves.
Where has This World's representative democracy gone?
Remember People,
A Democracy is....
 "government of the people, by the people, for the people"
Has it perished from this earth?
And, if it has...
How do you get it back?
Without becoming an outlaw, or as this article states, a rioter?

Sometimes, it's the true patriots who need to cross that line...and challenge an unfair authority.
No Matter how tasking, how challenging...how difficult...how impossible that fight may be.
Being enslaved by tyranny is no desired fate.
A fight worth fighting.
Win, lose or draw...
The outcome, is far greater than the risk of staying status quo,
At least, a stand against it...is still better, than compliance with it.

Remember
A government 
Of The People
by the people
For The People

No comments:

Post a Comment