Monday, December 20, 2010

Oenophile Heaven under Sunny Blue Skies

     The older i get, the more i get it...why people migrate in flocks down south.  Winters up north are cold, dark and emotionally desolate.  Sun enhances your mood, our circadian rhythms are contingent upon our exposure to it...the sun in essence is our life force.  Circadian rhythms are daily rhythmic activities (based upon twenty24four hour time intervals) that lead to hormonal regulatory type of biomedical, physiological, or behavioral processes...basically it is your daily internal clock.  The dominant hormone in this cycle is melatonin.  If you are feeling hungry, grumpy or tired...spend a little extra time with the sun (or drink some water, grab a little fruit)...it might help balance out whatever hormonal discrepancy you might be internalizing.
The Chinese believe that this is the explanation of the flow of energy (otherwise known as Qi) throughout the body in patterns called meridians.  These meridians have two hours of maximum function, as well as, two hours of minimum function.
Nonetheless, it would be nice to see sun, all under nice weather conditions, preferably a warm weather condition.  A year ago, i was unearthing myself from a 30thirty30 inch snow fall.

The weekend was a complete pleasure.  Saturday was warm and sunny and the vineyards where open for business...Best of all i had wonderful company.  Each time i see Kathryn, her beauty reveals another layer of her enchanting complexity, unveiling exquisite seduction and sublime radiance.  I feel completely comfortable around her, which is rarely the case when i am around people.  My instinct to be a loner,  therefore to find a calmness in social settings is definitely something outside of the norm.  She has just the right mix of beauty with silly...a playfully inquisitive soul with a golden heart.
     We visited 4four vineyards.  Two Momma and Pop, two corporate.  Corporate gets the Thumbs Down (we didn't even stay for a tasting at the first one...pppsssstttt its Entemann's owned).  The second Corporate Vineyard was salvaged by a bonfire occupied by Kathryn, myself, this female demoniacal attorney (she had it in for her look alike date) and a group of intrinsically overly-friendly women.  The group of women were observed feeding each other cheese, bread, and wine.  We left for our final destination.  It's an old horse farm converted to a vineyard, and what a ,lovely way to end the wine journey  The name of the vineyard is Baiting Hollow Vineyard (and along with being a vineyard, they are also a horse rescue foundation).  We tasted two really good wines their 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2007 Red Velvet (a blended red wine)...the second wine was absolutely dense and decadent.  Full bodied and completely bedazzling with its array of dry berry flavors with an unrelenting smoothness of the finish...the wine needs to be renamed 2007 Hypnotic.  All in all, the first vineyard was by far the most impressive facility with their product and by their operation...Shinn Vineyard in Mattituck.  This Vineyard is the only self sustaining Green Facility east of Colorado.  Their 2007 9nine9 Barrels Merlot is as good of a Merlot as you will find on Long Island.  I was also impressed by there 2007 Petite Verdot and 2007 Malbec (both one hundred 100% single varietal)...For the record, Thousand2007Seven was a superior year (climatically speaking) for Long Island grape growing (a very dry summer season...although keep in mind that a bad wine maker will drought anybody's palate).  Dinner time came, Kathryn and I feasted on sushi and sashimi...she strongly insisted that i finish all the food and wine (she truly is a person after my own heart).   After dinner we were tired so we rested for a little while, and later on shared our good byes...and then we parted.  Good Night Dear Kathryn...until next time.


PS if you claim to have a Snowman on the menu
then have the snowman on the menu
Fix the Fryer!
Or lose the Menu's

1 comment:

  1. A PASSIONATE KISS

    Author: Gabriela

    A passionate night between me and you
    I can't begin to tell you the things I want to do.
    First we can dim the lights and get closer.....
    No, wait, that's too fast, let's go back
    and move a little slower.

    I'll kiss your lips that are so soft and sweet,
    then move on to your cheek that's so smooth and unique.
    Then I'll move right along that little ear of yours...
    Whoa... my, my... let me move along your chest...
    Uh, oh I missed a spot, let me move back up to the neck
    As I move my tounge around and around
    you start to feel it as I go down slowly
    and as I kiss your chest your hands go up
    ...but I'm not finished yet....
    I go further down towards your navel...
    As I move down past your waist line I begin to kiss ....

    Oh, I just wake up to realize it's a dream !
    A passionate dream fueled by my deep love for you.

    ReplyDelete