Sunday, July 3, 2011

How Random is Chance?

     On a lighter, much more pleasant note...let me bow and introduce a new fan to my literary tales of philosophical outlooks on personal conduct (with the various human interactions one faces on a daily basis)...also the over embellishment of random activities and odd events...how about the various health tips and strategies I may bring to your attention...or just simply, the acknowledgement of the ongoing silliness we all seem to take way too seriously that we call life!  My entries rarely repeat in topic or format, what you read is the embodiment of my mood...and the words you see are indicative of my seemingly erratic (sometimes illogical) yet focused thoughts representative of a roller coaster ride of reason.  I share a small piece of my soul with the five5000 thousand or so individuals that have poked their eyes into my world across this globe we all call home...a readership following that spans thirty37seven countries (and counting)!
It was happenstance...Joe hates the country corner.  I, on the other hand have always enjoyed it.  I love the shrouded mystery of the random introduction to the varied population of individuals that wonder in there at any given moment...as I have said before, i hold no prejudice in my spirit (so I truly welcome all).  When I was younger, I enjoyed the chess matches I played in the taverns darkened corners...sometimes I won, other times I didn't; but I always played a good game.  The best little treasure found there is the authentic Armenian cuisine the old man makes in the back...love his piyaz!
There are many reasons why I enjoy this hole in the wall...peacefully tucked away in a historic corner in a town known as Setauket within my home state of  NY.  Last night my instinct drew me there.  No rhyme, no reason...I just knew I needed to make a stop (albeit staying no longer then the pace of downing a beer...I chose Magic Hat #9).  As I approached this beaten down pub, my eye line barely peered over the window sill that covers the length of the bar.  I caught a fleeting glance of a seemingly attractive Blonde causally sitting all by herself facing a brunette bartender.  The steps leading me up to the doorway came quickly, i reached for the door and turned the knob (it felt old yet sturdy within my clasp).  She may seem lonesome and lovely, yet she was the first within eyesight to turn and look at us.  Her smile greets us exuding a welcoming vibe...almost as if to say with her eyes, you finally made it.  Her hair is slightly feathered and long in various tones of light blonde...a bit Farrah Fawcet-like.  She is slender and stunning.  Yet her big crystalline blue eyes was her first strikingly beautiful feature that quieted any sort of unnecessary criticism that people seem to use in assessing attractiveness.  Her smile sparkled with a delicate lusciousness magnifying her exquisite beauty enhanced by her deep bright blue engaging gaze, through those alluring eyes she would tame a wild jungle.  Her charm and humor only added to her appeal.  A sublime small stud sits sparking over her right nostril.  She shares her fries with me...I love steak fries, but i dare not accept.  Her name is Casey and loved the fact that my Americanized version of a name reminds her of her Hollywood crush, a one Dean Winchester...hunting supernatural spirits and demons that haunt the living...Perhaps I share more then a name with this character.  My beer is done, its time to veer onto another path...yet before I embark I do share a little something with this beauty...Enjoy your entry Ms Casey, it was my complete pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Be Good, be Well and be Blessed,
aka Captain Patrick Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment