Sunday, March 11, 2012

No Real Names

That is exactly what the text message read, as I glanced over my cell shortly after waking up this morning.  My head ached, my throat was on the dry side...and i sorted through the various items I had collected in my pockets throughout my Saturday...
Upon looking at my collectables, only one thing comes to mind...
An unexpectedly interesting evening to say the least...One100Hundred%Percent Pleasant Approved too!  NOT always the case.
It was one of those mornings where memories of the night before slowly trickled forward and made their presence known...
This morning has already begun with a full hour gone...gone the way time always goes...in a flash, from a forgotton past...as I already told you, Gone...Forgotton...Done.
But Where?

I fold the napkin with a web address and circled name Ned into my front fleece pocket.  The bussiness card of perhaps an Artist from a local Art Gallery.  Two Raffle tickets and a few reciepts round out my new possessions.  Its already an hour later then it should be...
I grab my keys and rush outside as soon as I leave my cat a bowl full of dried cat food...The Sun hits my eyes, they uncomfortably adjust...Oh yeah, look at that...
A Yellow Izuzu Cross Over is parked next to my car...Right, I had forgotton about that.
I dial my buddy up:
"Hey, you want me to come pick you up and get you to your car?"
"That would be great, Thanks"
Fifteen minutes later, I am at the doorstep of his parents house with two hands full of dog biskets...which i promptly hand over and off we go.
Twenty five minutes later, during which time I verbally revisited the previous day with my primary witness, I pull up back to my house and let him out...
Sorry, I can't sit and chat any longer...I've already lost an Hour...
I grab some breakfast and few select items for a few relatives...all gthe while still mentally absorbing my chain of events.  Ninety minutes later...here I sit, ready to reveal my chronicle of Events that span Ten Hours...and somewhere in the neighborhood of seventy miles of travel.

A little over Forteen Hours Ago:
JD, my last appointment has decided to forgo her time with me and spend it elsewhere...why not, its a beautiful Spring Saturday (in early March though...funny how time as a whole has jumped so far Ahead).  Gives me time to do a few things.  I run my handful of errands, and call my friend up to inform him That I am running Late...and that he should meet me at my house, and I will drive out us from there.  I am secretly hoping to Drive out to the Southampton and East Hampton area.  Stop at Wolffer Estate and drop by and see our good old friend Steve-O.  Thats a lost friend...I haven't seen him in over two years (and its more my fault then anything else), and that last visit was certainly one bizarre rendezvous (A story for another time, I promise).  He lives the Life only the Uni-Bomber could understand...and I may be the only human on the planet that Steve-O accepts a visit from.  Lucky me, Lucky Ettienne...

Twleve Hours ago:
My buddy arrives, he brought a guest...his four year old Pug name J.  I know parents aren't "supposed" to have Favorites...but J is a miniture version of walking emotional mushy love...
We get J some dog biskets...
I cut South and East...
Since we can not confirm if Wolffer Estate allows pets, we nix our plans for the Hamptons...sorry Steve-O, next week buddy...I promise!
I head East on the Long Island Expressway.

E11even Hours Ago:
We arrive at Bedell, I have seen more dogs at Bedell then any other Vineyard that I have been too.  The security guard gives us the run around on J, nonetheless...everyone at the End is fine with J.  Bedell is the first Long Island vineyard that proved to me it has a product, comparable to any on the planet in quality.  Four years ago, I tasted the 2005 Bedell Musee...hands down the best Long Island wine I had.  I bought myself a small alotment of it...still sitting in my cellar!!!  Aren't my friends lucky!!!
We reieve a flight of five reds (generic blend red, 2009 Merlot, Taste RED Blend, 2008 Cabernet Franc, and 2008 Musee...our pourer also shared with us the 2008 Syrah/Viogenier).
All the time...Little Mr J has brought us over a half dozen women, cooing and ooing with J.  I find the young woman sweet and attractive, the older women just as attractive in a differenmt Chic way with a lot more sex appeal.
Before we though, I inform our Pourer that I have 2005 Musee from the orignal release date...and I was dissappointmented to see it re-released and more then tripled in Price$$$+  She refutes my claim and tries to convince me that I am mistaken or confused.  She tells me that shes worked at Bedell for 14 years, and calls over the premisis expert...this slender and friendly gentleman vaguely recalls some truth to my story...he dissappears.  Five minutes later he comes back to and confirms that my memory was right.  The vineyard sold 14 bottles of the re-released Musee (each bottle costing $250) three to four years ago.  Not that I wanted to prove anyone wrong, I just feel a bit awkward now in her presence...my party of three leaves...

Ten Hours ago:
Jazz on the Vine at Raphael...
Hands Down the slickest looking Vineyard on the North Fork.  It is a Large Italian Villa overlooking a wonderful panaramic of grape vines on the back drop of a setting sun...beautifully Enchanting...breathtakingly Mesmerizing.  Goddesses come here and never leave...
I walk through these gigantic large wooden Cathedral doors and I am greet a sweet young female concierge.  As a courtesy I ask if I can bring in my four legged friend...she brightens up like a Jack-O-Latern
"Only he comes and says hi to me"
"But of course he will", I promise her...
There is taller attractive blonde standing behind her.  I send her a smile and a wink...I catch her blush and turn away.  There is amount of gratification that comes with unspoken seduction of a complete stranger.  The concierge hands Six tickets.  The first pair allows for two glasses of their house Red, the second pair are Raffle Tickets (to what I have no idea), and the last pair...don't even ask, because I just don't even know.
In a room that has somewhere around fifty tables set for seating...I can't find one available chair.  I stand at the bar...and there we make new friends...but of a similar variety...at some point I am staring into this woman's cell phone looking at a picture of her drooling dog.  Again, the young women are lured in yet awkward and the older ones prance and entice. 
Welcome Shenole Latimer Quartet (presented by Next Stop Magazine)...The Jazz musician is the best I have seen yet during this ongoing Jazz Festival.  The band is playing GREAT music, and their leader is a very charasmatic Black fellow who is quite comedic during his discussions in between their songs.  We leave, as the music comes to an end...
P.s.  there 2005 Cabernet Sauvgnon was terrific, not for the $65 price and there 2005 Merlot was equally impressive at Two-Thirds the Price...in case you are still Keeping Score...

A quarter after Five:
Next Dog friendly Stop is good old Martha Clara...
Wonderful, I just Love corporations.  At least they've made it known that they are accepting of four legged friends.
The pourers here are young and bit shy.  I chat up these two older women next to me, they've driven out from Brooklyn.  My buddies are schmoozing it up with the younger crowd and other Dog Lovers (such a finicky breed...Best in Show anyone?).  We see a myraid of types...and make a few more friends.  We leave, again...because we must...without even trying there best wine 6025...

Its just past Six:
With our options all but Exhausted, we land where we had gone two weeks earlier...Ronoake.
Pourer George remembered us, or so he says...I do believe him though.  I see Amanda, in a basic knee high dress, black leggings and dark flats.  I can tell, her legs are thick and toned...but she is in a non-social mood.  She seems to be sorting through some sort of cleric "issue".  She barely even acknowledges us.  George convinces us to perchase a bottle rather then get two glasses of wine...well done george, good salesman...2007 cabernet Sauv.
Next to us, is a Brooklyn couple out for the weekend.  They have their own four legged company, his name is Easton and he is Labrador.  Sweet and Friendly.
J doesn't like Easton, he growls and barks.
Time Out J!

I hear a small crowd gather in the room in the back, I ask George..."who's back there and what are they doing?"
"Just a few people enjoying their wine"
Within ten minutes or so...the group emerges...
I have been identied by two of the women in the Group...Mary G (forth time shes been mention in Human Dynamics) and her close friend Barbara Jean.  They greet me with a hug...which surprises Mary, "You've let me touch you" she says...
I think to myself, yeah I know...I don't have the energy to wiggle away from you!
"what kind of wine are you drinking?" she asks
I raise my glass, and extend my arm out to her.  She takes my glass and sips, puckers her lips..."I hate Red Wine"
Well I hate people touching me...so we're even.
They leave, do we...
Six Thirty, its time we take J back home, grab a quick bite to eat and head over and watch live music down in Patchogue...or so we think our plan to be...

A quarter after Seven:
We agree on Hurricane Wings...
I like Katrina, the last time I had her as my server convinced me she's my girl...i am not the best at recognizing people, but i would recognize her.  She is curvy with these gorgeous big blue eyes.  A big welcoming smile with a very small gap in between her two front teeth...she is adorable to say the least.
We walk in, i see no Katrina...its her night off, my loss
We sit at the far end of the dining section, right next to the edge of the bar.
I sit in my seat and I immediately notice my buddy gravitate to the demure blonde at the bar.  I see him talking into her ear...I do not recognize her.  He comes over to me a minute or two later.
"She has an engagement ring"
Ok, I think, why are you telling me this exactly...
I get a better look at her...I know exactly who she is.  I kind of give Joe the Old, so what will you do about this then big whoop-tee-doo?
He gets my point, and goes back to her...within less then a coin flip, the young lady stands up and Joes pulls her chair to our table...I find myself back to a party of three.
Our waitress comes by "I remember you" she enthusiasticaly tells me...I hope her memory is of a good "you"!  I certainly do not recognize her.

He motions in my direction, "do you know my friend"
she responds, "I've seen him around before"
we now are formerly introduced...
Patrick meet Wendy...Wendy, Patrick
Hi and Hello.
She is attractive, very attractive.  Her Crystiline Blue eyes are large and Feline like.  Her skin is smoothe and milky.  She has a stud piercing on her right nostril and her beach blonde hair is up in a high pony tail.  Wendy has been Holy Grail Crush for the last two years...
She has never, as much uttered anything beyond the obligatory hi, hello and how are you to Joe...
Tonight is Different, very Different.
Wendy is dressed in Aesthetician's clothes...I assume she came straight to the bar after work.
We engage her talking about her life.  He father is states away and a full blown alcoholic...seemingly neglecting his sole daughter.  Her mother, also an alcoholic has remarried and abusive man...this is getting more depressing by the moment.  Last summer, Joe repeatedly attempted to date Wendy...who continually denied his advancements because she was "in love" with her boyfriend who sold beer locally.  She broke up with this fellow within the last six months...
met a new guy, who proposed to Wendy two and a half months ago...
That was Quick!
Wendy's thinking..."I guess so?" "I mean do you really want to marry me?  Really?"
She talks about her new Beau...A no ambition, under achieveing, no direction type of lost soul.  He is a musician who can't sing, at all...but he seems to be handy and fix many things.  It sounds as if she Pities and cares for this Beau...
She shows me her ring.  It looks like a regular ring.  She sighs, "its so small, but its Tiffany's", "I Guess that I am doing the right thing, My friends seem to support this"
At some point, she stops talking about him...almost as if she outright forgot about him...and I was not about to remind her.
She introduces us to her two girlfriends...The Bartender and the Waitress.  Wendy also sang for Joe and I, a beautiful voice...absolutely hypnotic...I haven't been vocally bedazzled like that since I Heard Ms Scarlet sing.  The two women do hold many parallels.
We convince her sing for more people.

It has to be around Eleven P.M. now:
Joe leaves with her, I leave solo...we converge at the Village Way.  I sit by myself, Stephanie serves me a beer that I never asked for...Thank You Stephanie.  Stephanie is a Gorgegous sweet woman, Very ethnic looking...she is Italian.  She happens to be a Single Mother, with Boyfriends-du-Jour.
Minding my own business, I get approached by a pair of couples.  They are somewhere around twenty to twenty fives years older then me.
The Alpha Male of the group asks me "Am I a performer?  Perhaps an Artist?"  I am neither, but I know where he is heading with it.
I have a unique look, and I do things my way...
Usually out of turn and on my own time...regardless of what the rules may state.  Sometimes I step on toes of those in line...most times, those folks aren't even aware that I am there, or even here...
I listen for my drum...I am the only one that hears that beat...
it pounds loud and intensely...it would be great if others heard it too, it has a wonderfully unique and beautiful beat...
"hi" I respond "I do write a blog, and to date I have been read in Sixty Five countries by over 14,000 people" (P.s. Yes, Thank You Readership!)
He enthusiastically smiles and calls over his three friends...
He asks for this Blog Address...
http://www.relationshipfromasingleeye.blogspot.com/ I write on a bar napking with the name Patrick Benson.
He Hands me a card and it reads:
Imagine Gallery
http://www.imaginegallery.ifp3.com/
His name is John
His friend Ken hands me a napkin and it reads his Blog address as Me4PortJeff

By this point, its late and I am about to lose and hour, I find Joe and Wendy and let them know that it is time for me to go...
I wish I had two minutes to spend with Wendy, one on one time...its how I best communicate with people.  I would tell her that pity should not be the emotion in which she marries a man...
after all, do you think that her fiancee would be pleased to know that shes off with two guys that she basically just met?  On a Saturday night?

No comments:

Post a Comment