Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dreams...

For a reason beyond your conscious understanding, you woke up this Thursday with intentions of playing hooky from work. You phone your boss's secretary, her voice mail comes on...
You deaden your voice, and with the best guttural whisper tone
"I'm not feeling well, I won't be able to come in to work today. Please call me back if this is a problem, otherwise I should be in tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice".
You snuggle back to bed and shut your eyes...

The sun is bright and you feel refreshed, three hours later. You stretch out your arms as you release a slow acting yawn...the brightness of the room begins to alert your attention to the lateness of the morning. You arise and begin to account your daily morning routine (plus three hours). As you sit at your kitchen table....shortly after filling the pot with water and placing it on the stove...medium heat, you vaguely capture the rustling of your mailbox...
You peek out your front porch window only to find late morning neighborhood silence. With your slippers on you shuffle out, you never seem to catch the Postman. You open the mailbox, and a modest pile of mail patiently sit slanted against the left side of this small hollow vessel. You nonchalantly grab the items...and scurry back in before anyone notices.
Two bills, an advertisement, a couple of letters and a circular. You rest the items on your desktop and sit in the desk chair. Your eyes wander up to the computer monitor that's mounted eye level...you flip it's switch and you hear the device activate. You rise back up at the sound of your teapot whistling steam...
Less then five minutes later you return with a tea mug in one hand and a plate with two slices of toast in the other...you arrive to your deskseat to a fully loaded, ready to operate computer monitor flashing lights and making noises. You grab and jerk the mouse, accidentally knocking over your pile of mail...
Your eye catches a glimpse of a letter sitting flat on the floor next to you right foot...with four unrecognized stamps decorating its top right quadrant.. You lift the thin envelop, closely inspecting every detail available.
First class.
An Eagle icon sat inbetween the four stamps.
Wow, it came from another country.
The letters were large and scripted, inscribe by a hand that forcefully pressed as it wrote out your address in a deep blue ink...
Fading in the background and no longer of any interest is the low hum of a computer...to no fault, you grab a pen and wedge it into the crease of the envelop.
It rips right off.

Inside, neatly folded sits a sheet. You pull it out and slowly unfurl a deepening mystery...

"Dearest Jasmine,
It's been three long years since my tears last enriched my/our hopes, during a time in our lives where neither of us could experience our deepest and truest natural desires. On that faithful day your lips graced mine, transcending into a euphoric paradise only your touch can bewitch me with. You swore to me that our forbidden love was merely fate teasing us with a non existing heaven...and our paths in life have a destined path directed elsewhere. You promised to always cherish my memory, as I yours... With a void in my soul, I restructured my conscious and grew legs to walk with...and walk I did in a direction destined to erase my forbidden memory. Four nights ago, I ran into an old friend...he asked me how you are doing, and I didn't quite have the heart to tell Him lost in a world that seems to thrive on stealing...since then you have been on my mind. It's three in the morning, and my longing hearts creeps with a weeping sorrow...my pen sits trembling in my hand unwilling to cooperate with a Vandalized ache that plagues the hidden memory of my lone true love...I am not be who I once was, and you may not who who you once were...but if we belong together, fate will bind us...and we will find our roads together.

A swaying flame,
Konstantine"

No comments:

Post a Comment