Saturday, May 26, 2012

I am ISTP

What exactly do I mean?
Well the I denotes Introverted
The S stands for Sensing
The T indicates Thinking
and the P is for Perception

This is my personality type...one of Six16teen types (Extroverted, Inuitive, Feeling and Judging are the other possible traits, these Eight traits combine for the 16 personality types).

ISTP's excel at:
Situational analysis, which nets an identification of the "situation" or problem
in turn, creating and implimenting a functional solution.
A trouble shooter and problem solver!
We are quiet folk, and very interested in how systems operate...we like to understand our environment, with a focus on the effiency of the system as well as its structure.
We fully study our environment...to the smallest detail.  I can all but tell you when your last hair cut was...perhaps even what your previous nail color was.
We are always open to new ideas, information, techniques and approaches...I call myself progressive in this sense.
We may come across as detached, but I ASSURE you I am capable of accurately observing my environment...with Insight and Humour may I add...
One of our dirtiest little secrets...we have daring hearts, a thrill for speed and high adventure...You think you can hang with me?

At times, we seem to Act Without Regard for
Procedures (I find too many procedures Lead to too many Faults)
Directions (I hate follwoing directions and recipes)
Protocol (I have my own set of protocols)
and even in Safety (I will always be safe!)
As Haphazard as it may seem...its still all fact based on my broad spectrum of acquired knowledge and experience...developed over time through Action and Observation.
Put that in your Pipe and Smoke it!
You Smoke?  Quit!

I can and will solve any and all problems that grace my Path, as do all ISTP's

I will let anyone live their life as they wish too....just as long as you let ME live my life the way I want.  Yes?  Are we in accord?
We can endure reasonable impositions without complaint...but step on my toes and I will bite your foot!

We may be Introverts, but we are very Authoritative in our actions with Others...and we are very forceful at influencing others (very Atypical for general introverts).  We are driven to finish our tasks...but we do need our seclusion in order to master our tricks of our trade.  Effiecent and Virtuous.

We will detect the smallest amount of deviation in order to define the essence of things...then we analyze and classify.  We Exam all sides to an issue...perhaps even exhausting all angles in this process.  We use Logic to drive our Decisions.

We can be Curious of our world, yet still ground by our principles and ideals.  We can, and we will respond to the explicit/implicit wants of others...which can create conflict for our needs/desires, in order to meet the needs of others.

But
Best of all,
The More Complicated the System
The More Interest it draws from us...

1 comment:

  1. Your Opulant observation left me to Wonder, could I be someone different...
    So, I followed your lead and took the test...
    With results in hand I came back as:
    With strength of preferences
    You were right, I am not an istp
    I 100%
    N 38%
    T 81%
    P 11%
    I was close, but not close enough.
    Did you know Abert Einstein and Charles Darwin were INTP's?
    I'm in good company.
    INTP's are quick witted and often use language to their advantage. We diffuse tension through comical observation and references. Even though we are reserved, we can be extremely charming ;-)
    We break rules and molds!!
    We articulate well, even when describing complex ideas. We also leave no detail out.
    We can also be misconstrued as oblivious, rebellious or aloof.
    We don't care about titles, badges or authority...we see everyone as equals!
    We believe in Merit, not tradition or authority!

    Yes, Mara...you are right...
    I am no ISTP
    because obliviously to drew my attention to what I truly am
    I am an INTP

    our little secret my little ENT/FP?

    ReplyDelete