Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just another Saturday

    As i awoke this morning, i was reminded of how vindictive a night out can make us feel.  My dry throat, aching head...my body might even need a little DW40.  Don't listen to me, i am just being a tad bit dramatic, who would think....
It was
a night of practice
that began during the Gorgeous afternoon (I love it when the weather accommodates my plans)
With a sip of 2007 Pelligrini Cabernet Franc...a Bordeaux varietal know for its peppery finish...a dryness that leaves your lips puckering for an encore.  The crowd out on the east end was (to me at least) fairly large...which surprised me.  My first stop out east was at Bedell <As an aside their 2005 Musee...the BEST LI wine that i have tasted...again my tastes are specific to me  ;  )      Too maneeeeeeeey people, the crowd was overwhelming, not to mention the obnoxious odor generated when you add people and booze over a long period of time.  I am not the queasy type, but YUCK!  Anyhow, at least the problem of crowd size and odor at Pelligrini was consistent...consistency sometimes is worth the expectation...yawn!  I waited forever for a chance to sip the Cab Franc...and once it came i liked it...my buddy Joe thought that i was outstanding.  The second and third portions of our tasting flight arrived with delays...even on sunny days.  Results?  No surprise...it came with the highest of qualities that a long island terroir has to offer.  I inspected the room, its what i instinctively tend to do...i love to observe and absorb...i see several groups of friends...with gluttony running down their palates.  They are socializing and that is healthy!  Some groups are mixed in gender, some are solely women.  Only half are couples out of a room full of strangers...storytelling is abound, laughter is at a thunderous blare, and the wine is at our premium...we are all getting along.  Only one woman catches my eye.  Her hair is auburn, cut just shy of her shoulders.  A bronze skin tone that illuminates and defines her delicate features...a smile that would awaken the dead.  Joe is not interested in staying to make any new friends, we leave without even a hello and good bye...and like that...we are on our way...to where?  Somewhere?
     Its called legends and its sites on the bay facing an emerald colored island.  Just beyond it you can clearly see the south Fork.  The water is calm and the locals are inside, laughing it up.  We enter and site next two an older foursome.  Shortly thereafter they leave and offer us their seats, we politely accept and thank them.  Across from us, sit a split group of about nine individuals, mostly women...they've been here a while...smeared make up, loud laughs, and a lot of hugs.  I can't even finish my beer, its too heavy....and frankly i just like wine so much more...we leave because i want too this time around.  On my way out, two of those women from across the way stop me...
They ask me for a cigarette?  You have a better shot of getting C4 explosives from the hardware store...again, with a charming smile I graciously decline their request...the brunette, with shame slumps her head, the flirtatious blond rubs my arm...i remind them about that whole smoking thing (i am sure i won't be the last).  The sky is black, the clouds conceal the moonlight, the road is long, thin, curvy and lonely.  In an hours time, we are back in business in a local establishment.  It dinner time.  We sit to wait for our table at the bar.  The bartender, a young average looking woman comes over, Don (we found him along the way...he must of been on that road) immediately barks out our order..."and i am doing just fine thank you" she answered with a sarcastic smirk...Oh like her wit and humor, shes not afraid to tango.  Two minutes later we are paraded around the facility and sit in our booth.  Dinner is nondescript.
Ten O'clock, Setauket...this soft velvety coach has smothered my body, the room is dark, and i am surrounded by older musicians and younger bohemians...the band starts.  The guitarist is outstanding, he is playing off his harmonica player, and their music is real good.
Its past eleven, i park my car on a small side road.  We have a brisk walk down some stairs...a dark haired vixen sits at the bottom, her lips draped onto a smoke.  Our eyes meet, i smile, i remind her how beautiful she can be...i never saw her again...will she ever stop smoking?  Why do i even care?  Candy greets us inside...A twenty something single mother...greets us with more booze...when will this nonsense end!  I accept as  a gentlemen, yet i disapprove from my morals (and liver!)  Sorry candy, i won't be a daddy for you and your baby.
Its past midnight, i am on a boat that is stuck in the middle of a busy street...imagine that (the beetles would have a lot to say about this).  Drunk people are getting up on stage and taking turns singing songs.  Most of them are making my ear(s) hurt...our bartender, young, vibrant, shoreline curves with large almond eyes.  Her nose twinkles with a sparkle...shes cute (and i bet shes clever too...if i ever got to know her)  What is her name again?  I receive my last beer of the evening (thank god, i did not want any of them actually).  I am not paying too much attention to her, i am focused on our singer du jour.  Only this couple to my right are able to hold a tune...they look cute together...but they are just friends.  The music stop, the DJ flashes a small light into my general direction......why?
I see my bartender go up and briefly whisper into his hear.  The back of her faded jeans are facing me as she wrestles with some cords...the music started up again...the next three minutes, were by far the best three minutes of my evening...i close my eyes and i am listening to Beyoncee.  Her voice resonated with a brilliant elegance yet stood with a seductive allure...she in three minutes completely entranced my soul.  Her set ended and i immediately congratulated her...she responded with a humble smile and quick glance to her right.  I instantly became extremely attentive of the singer (our bartender), so did my three other cohorts.  Her sex appeal just doubled.  And everyone knew it...everyone.
I did notice one curious turn of events, her highly attractive co worker...wandered over to our direction...this other woman was sublimely insecure and threatened that her crown was for the taking...Oh it was taken, i never payed any more attention to her for the rest of the evening.
The human dynamic within a societal structure is interesting once you evaluate where nature's pyramid intends for us to stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment