Friday, October 15, 2010

Work Hard...earn Successsss

    A wise co-worker recently questioned...where has the fun...the love gone?  What ever happened to our tee-gee-eye-ef's????
That is what i want to know...
and i pondered
while
i...
tested my body's threshold.  With a fifty percent higher margin of work (using the upright bike's simulated pacer as the working standard), i probed whatever limits i allowed my mettle to create as an endpoint.  Up and down, side to side...the trail was intense and challenging.  Sweat drenched my flesh, trickling so eloquently down my arm, softly splashing onto the hardwood floor.  A pool of effort and work has formed at the base of my magnum opus...
Why was i doing this to myself?
On a Friday?
i have friends at this very moment, lifting a mug and sharing a cheer of good will with all that would listen to their weekly follies and adventures.
Meanwhile, i..am testing boundaries...that in some minds...create images of severe suffering and extreme tragedy...?  What in God's name am i doing to myself, have i gone mad?
Huffing and puffing, KNOCK knocking on death's (hopefully heaven's) door!
To state that i test personal limits...is a fallacy.  Limits denote specific point of terminus.  What i was doing i was challenging my body's capacity to exceed past achievements...i want to seek out barrier points and break through...i want to define my character as one with resilience when confronted with a demanding challenge...after all, examining the ultimate mirror image (or metaphorical example) of life..how forgiving is life in the face of conflict?  Not in the least bit..
what did that guy Darwin say
survival of the fittest
so with that, i still have ninety minutes before happy hour is over
Cheers to all the readers, and share a toast with me
be in good health...and never give up

No comments:

Post a Comment