Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ask to Name Three of the Weirdest Movies?

My criteria, make them worth watching for a reason other then just pure punishment...Please! As I shall do the same...

No one mentioned Cemetary Man....classic weird flck!
Children of a Lost City was different too.
Cube was some neat Sci-fi that caught me off guard
Terry Gilliam's Brazil (I saw his Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on this list)...watch anything he makes!
How about Donnie Darko?
Barton Fink, need I say more?
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind still makes me think WTF? And why am I still trying to figure it out, as opposed to their Synecdoche NY one which made me give up trying. Even Adaption made scratch my head?
I hate how violated a I felt after watching House of 1,000 Corpses...I almost wish I hadn't watched it. So did I Spit on Your Grave.
Evil Dead movies? Love them!
Jacob's Ladder was cool.
Why did David Cronenberg try making Naked Lunch?
Pick your David Lynch movie of choice...er...Lost Highway it is!
Did not like Pi, not even a little.
Pink Floyd's The Wall??? Remember that one???
Science of Sleep? Really?
I hated A Serious Man, and I can't even tell you why...?
How about old Italan Horror like Suspiria!!!
The Machinist...Christian Bale's performance anyone?
Six String Samurai was cool, in a weird way.
Uneven, but with Potential...The Fountain! His Requiem of a Dream was a doozie too!
Didn't Momento make You want to rewatch it?

and if anyone hasn't seen Night Watch, The Devil's Backbone and Frailty, watch them...they're just great stories without making themselves too weird along the way...creativity intertwined with good story telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment