Sunday, February 19, 2012

When I Look Down into the Pink Abyss

I am No Exorcist...never claimed to be
I am no Prophet or Messiah either...
as a kid, I probably bothered the lunch lady...on purpose
I never wanted to be a Doctor...even when my college adviser
"advised" me to think about a Medical future
Future this! Adviser that!

But I do what I can, for everyone I know...or Don't
Helping feels not only good...but right
I have no qualms...to stop dead in my tracks
and Extend my hand...out to the 'fallen'
But we are all fallen...here to Earth
Where impurity rules the way
Greed.Selfishness.Self-Centered.
The Earth was Flat...and the Universe revolved around Us
Its all here on Earth...for us to see with our own Eyes

To Live?  To Experience?  To Learn?  To Teach?
and then we Die...?

The Record Keeper Says:
We were born pure...by impure people
Raised in their ways...whether we wanted to be, or not
Forced to learn their beliefs and customs...
Sent to their Schools, their Jobs with their uniforms...
In Time, after a full day...
Come to a home with a bed...
Eat...Kiss...Sleep...Fornikate...
Some fall in Love...others don't or can't
But for the most part...it really seems to be
Work...to...Bed...
Two weeks Vacation...Caribbean?
Then there is Christmas...or whatever other Holiday...
A birthday...and the Weekends off...most of the time
Every Single Day...Until it all Stops
Is that The World, That we all Live In?
Is there More?

No comments:

Post a Comment