Sunday, February 19, 2012

Many Faces of Love

"People say love is the Best Feeling anyone can experience..
...but someone else tells me...She...
thinks finding a Toilet when experiencing an Episode
of Diarrhea is Better"

Having a small discussion, with a friend that I have not seen in about a decade...for anyone keeping score, that breaks down to approximately Thirty-Six3,600Hundred days...Its been a while buddy, welcome back to New York!  In that time, he had two weddings...to the same lovely woman...A separation.  A Divorce.  Most recently in his life...Defined by a 'new' relationship with a woman Thirt13een years younger then him...
The physical attraction was there, yet her immaturity lead his emotions astray...this past New Years, he had To ground who he is, and admitted to her that beyond physical...there is no other connection...how could he be happy under those conditions?  Three months ago, he comes back to his roots found only in New York...where he realized, its more then physical...

Its a quarter past One, I arrive at The Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyard...for All scorekeepers, that Vineyard is located in Baiting Hollow (the East End of Long Island...New York)...I see two tents set up directly between the tasting room and the Horse stables (this Vineyard uses some of their profits to rescue Horses that are to be 'put down'...Great cause, a significant reason why I patronize them).  Twenty some odd cars litter the gravel periphery of the Horse Stable which is the designated area for parking.  I get greeted by a young fellow as I enter this small farm house, which has been converted to a series of  tasting rooms...Today will have a live Jazz performance...thirty minutes later sitting at a table in the furthest (and quietest) tent, with three tasting glasses in front of me...three more facing my company...We sit, chat and catch up on a decades worth of missed discussions.  A bus pulls up thirty-five women (one of them is wearing a Tiara), ten minutes later a second bus arrives...just as many people get out...it is a busy and musical afternoon.  Random food samplers roving, hovering over our table...meatballs with toothpicks staked through them, swimming in a red gravy.  This local is pleasant for many reasons...from all the young attractive women, nice wine with great weather!!!to the worthwhile company and reconnection.

One interesting topic of discussion...
What is Love, True Love?  My friend truly loves his Ex wife...he wishes her the best, he thinks the world of her family...yet, he still divorced her?  Why?  He lost that physical connection to her...
The loss of his attraction to her...the primary reason behind the purported cause of the termination of his marriage...how can anyone use this as an illustration of Love?
When you place your partner's interest above your own...when you will do, whatever you need to DO, in order to see them happy...Even when your own ideals and philosophies are compromised and/or challenged by your actions...True sacrifice of personal satisfaction, True Love is Nothing without it!
He divorced a woman, whom he had hoped will find happiness somewhere, but he knew he couldn't give all that she needs...he loves her a tremendous amount, but his inability to consummate that physical attraction that she needs to help complete her relationship/connection with him...the Dominant influence by his decision to let her go, lead way so she can go off and find what she deserves...whether she finds what she is looking for, will be a whole separate discussion (may luck favor that path for her)...all in all a multilayer relationship, requires a stable backbone predicated upon a foundation of emotional-physical-psychological connectedness...
Relationships are far from simple, and they require endless amount of work through mutual communication...many facets surround that structure of what a strong relationship holds...but at its core still sits the simplest reason...love...
even if you are looking for a toilet!

1 comment:

  1. Hello and Good Afternoon Mademoiselle,
    Good or bad, and everything inbetween...things for us bloggers-writer-readers are for the most still better then the rest of the world...
    I'm glad to hear back from you, hi :-) have you had a chance to write anything lately? Personally, the only thing that i wrote within the last two weeks worth refrencing is titled "The Many Faces of Live". I wrote it after I spent the afternoon wine tasting with an old buddy who just moved back to New York (he had been living in California for just about a decade). I hadn't seen him since he originally moved out to San Diego. Ten years ago I flew out to Northern California, rented a jeep and gave myself a west coast tour. It was a cool trip that I took by myself. Met a ton of folks.
    Things are always OK in my world...it's a funny thing, I have complete trust in Karmic outcome. No matter how haywire things may escalate into...it seems to work out in the end, for whatever that inevitable outcome will be. Why worry about that path? I never worry, I never get angry or upset. I am a level headed, cool, calm and collected character. My emotions never run high...but I can come across as intense....and that is because I drive with passion, purpose and conviction! How do you like that as an explanation?
    As I always say I like my things
    Picante and Caliente!!
    Konstantine
    P.s. never a dull moment when I am in a driving mood.

    ReplyDelete