Friday, February 10, 2012

TGIF

What a way to start my Friday
By pure chance I noticed a gift bag tuck away behind a counter at work
...a counter that I never putz around behind
There was a note protruding fom the side of this gift bag
The disheveled note, written on some sort of four by six index card, had my name in Red Marker...right at The TOP
Now, I am curious
As confused as I may feel
I grab the bag and start to rummage through it
The first item I see is a Granny Smith Apple
love them!
A can of Tuna Fish...the can looks a little old and nicked
A small bag of assorted homemade cookies
A vanilla creme candle
Another small plastic bag with two tea bags and two small plastic containers with a green substance in it
Anyone a Poison taster?
Three cranberry nougats
and
A one and a half ounce can of shaving cream
(I can't remember the last time I fully shaved...could this be a hint?)
....
Ok
Wow, a bit bizarre
and I am still confused
So I pick up the card and read it

the first thing I notice about the card is the several different inks used to write the note

At the Very Top of the card it reads
"thanks for training me" (in black Ink)
The card/letter
Begins
"Dean, (in Red Marker)

(in blue ink) This might possibly be the "oddest" yet most "unique" birthday gifts you received (ever or @ least this year)
Happy Birthday! (in red marker)
(continues with blue ink)
A) A"winning" scratch off worth 2$...paying it Forward so you can get 2$ card worth $2,000, etc...
(in black ink) (already scratched 4 you)
(back to blue ink)
B) Solid white tuna...(for you want to eat healthy)
C) cookies, including "Greek" 2 Ferrero "Rocker ChocalateMy"
(back to black ink) cause you like chocolate

(I now need to flip the card)
(back to blue ink)
E) 2 shots of "wheat grass" & green tea & tea of life (because 4 Energy)
F) German cranberry nougat
(black ink) (cause it's sweet)
(back to blue ink)
G) Fresh sent shaving cream, (when you want close shave to smell good.)
H) A green apple....(B/c an apple a day keep(black ink S) Dr. away)
I) Greek "Evil Eye" (black ink) for good luck
(blue ink) w/ D ick's sport & wine guy super cards
(wish had)
J) Votille candle vanilla (to smell good & light way)

(red marker) :-)
(blue ink with red marker underlining) Olympia
(red marker) THANKS



Thank you very much Olympia, the card was sweet and the thought behind all of that very endearing....thank you very much. This is a wonderful way to start my Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment