Friday, February 24, 2012

Today's word...Brinkmanship

It is the Practice of pushing Dangerous Events to the verge of Disaster...In Order to Achieve the MOST Advantageous outcome.
I have been practicing the Art of Brinkmanship my entire life, with just about everyone and everything...Welcome to MY World!
Sometimes, many times, I do fail from averting Disaster...but even then, that can have its enjoyable merits...my clientele do accuse me of being a bit of a Sadist. That's only on some days...

Last night, I wanted to Spend a little time with my friend and yours...happy birthday Joe! He was performing at his Open Mic on his birthday, and what better way to support him! After all, he does nothing but endorse and support my endless years of outrageous stunts...which, almost always get quantified with my enormous amount of recklessness and stupidity. It really is a miracle that I haven't been eaten by an Aligator yet...that is only because I seem to be of the uncooperative varietal type.
Let me introduce you to my Thursday night routine: Bikram Hot Yoga at Five Thirty P.M. Home by Seven Thirty...asleep by eight thirty...Boring...
But I'm OK with a boring Thursday night, because my Friday morning begins before dawn...and always ends after dusk.
This past Thursday is different though...it's our buddies Bday (for his birthday, he took him self off of Facebook...Good for you buddy, one less for Zuckerberg).
So, it is almost impossible to imagine myself going home...only to re-emerge after Nine Thirty P.M. I typically turn into a pumpkin by then...
So I had a brilliant Idea...
Stay for a second Bikram class...let's out at Nine, I shower up and out to see Joe. Great idea...if you are beyond hydrated for starters.
For anyone who is NOT Familiar with how Bikram works...
The room is ignited to approximately One Hundred and Ten Degree Fahrenheit. Last nights humidity probably averaged around Fifty Three percent%
Two classes, plus thirty minutes of down time...
Has me in the room, that HOT Room for two hundred and ten minutes...
Brilliant idea!
But I did it, successfully.
FAST FORWARD to the end of the Second class...Nine Oh Two, P.M.
I find my body convulsing with muscle cramps. The Human Body has somewhere around Six Hundred and fifty striated Muscles. For, those last thirty minutes of class I experienced cramps (severe at moments) in at least two hundred of those muscles...ranging from my toes up to my upper back/neck region...my body was having Mardi Gra type of action, but it neglected to invite the Host...
Long story short, I quickly came to the conclusion that had I gone out to see Joe...in my current state...who knows what I could have physically experienced in a public setting...
So, I never made it out to see my friend...on his birthday!
I went home dejected...and in pain. Over the proceeding six or so hours, I was experiencing countless bouts of intense cramping...seemingly everywhere...

What is my personal policy on my conduct and association...?
One Word...
Brinkmanship!

P.s. if anyone is keeping Score I lifted weights for seventy five minutes earlier in the day
Don't Try, Any of THIS at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment