Monday, December 16, 2013

The Death of Dusk

(Sunrise)

Shadows fade into a past of darkness
Corners and walls fill in those voids in time and space
Bridges grow, willing walks over talks that once were
Skies expand, and the Earth grows solid
Cold, white flesh...slowly begins to simmer and brim Red
Echoes turn to shouts
Frost melts within the brisk air
I see the light...I see this world
It has a way, it has substance
It has dimension, it has a backbone
and a direction for me to go
With a purpose and a plan...
I was almost fooled,
But, then I saw with my own sight...
As midnight slowly died, opening the heavens 
To an incandescent Orange glow
Showing an unfiltered,
Unadulterated beauty without night's ugly fight.
Apollo's Star, gleams bright....sharing truths and delight
Whereas in the witching hour...
The moon hides my path,
Confuses my mind
Seduces my soul...
The night deceives me,
It outright lies...in attempt
To swallow me Whole
With,
All my hopes, all my dreams...
For all to see that I ceased
and Never Existed
Whisked to a Neverland
Erased....
Forgotten like an ill fated dream

No comments:

Post a Comment