Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ever Been Accused of People Watching?

Since being observant (with preference in mute mode) comes so naturally to me...I silently observed a couple on a date(perhaps even their first).  They appeared to be somewhat new acquaintances on a personal level.  The young lady, whom arrived a solid ten10minutes prior to her male companion for their rendezvous, was extremely pretty with a fairly svelte yet proportionately shapely figure.  Her reddish hair was up in a some sort of collected configuration on the crown of her head. Her hazel colored eyes spaced liberally beyond her cute little button nose.  Her charming round face was lightly decorated with a montage of freckles.  With each change in song being played, i could see her delicately swivel her hips in an erotic and seductive fashion...quietly alluring her next prey to be...
Her date, who was ten minutes late...and we are still waiting...was  Slightly older then her and already balding.  His physique, undergoing premature aging with gross consumption of beer and hot wings/french fries (he doesn't look to be the type to even know where the start button on a treadmill or a G-Spot might be)...he sat himself opposite of her...both of them in my direct field of view.  His mood was antsy...Nervous buddy?
Not even five5minutes into their date, the lass has already downed a glass of Pinot Grigio...Yuck (but who am I to question personal tastes and preference?)!  He leans over and whispers a request.  Obviously I am a tad bit too far away to over hear their conversation....but, boy do I relish my role of filling in the blanks...with my many silly amenities from my infinite bag of tricks.  She seems begrudgingly willing to comply with his request.  They systematically and in unison stand up off of their high chairs/bar stool and rotate onehundred180eighty degrees...swapping their seating arrangement.  Curious.  Why?  The T.V. in the bar is now situated directly over the young lady's left shoulder...his eyes become magnetized to the screen.  Real Good Move Buddy!
In a young relationship, why would this fellow...in the midst of a pennant chase between the Red Sox and the Yankees...would he agree to go on a date to a sports bar like atmosphere?  The first rule in dating etiquette my friend....always, always and I mean always pay all of your attention to your date (asking questions is a major bonus)...this heightens your probability for a subsequent date!  Its only logical.
Now the question does remain, will they ever have the same dynamic beyond this date?  She wasn't the happiest camper with her new company (ever try sailing?)...but like I've said before, I am not in the business of reading minds...and even if I were, I still would keep it as my secret.  I had to bite my tongue from introducing myself to this couple and get their immediate feedback from their respected perspectives based upon my own creation of the observed events.  Who knows, maybe I could have saved their relationship (for the moment)...at the very least, I may have made two new readers.  I could have been their informal relationship therapist...a dynamic that is becoming all too common because people are continually failing to properly and adequately communicate with each other.  Am I the Last Standing Individual willing to take that leap of faith and force the issue of good communication?

Life According to Joe...because this guy was being a self absorbed Dick (i was basically called that once proceeding a first date), and primarily concerned with the ball game (I don't mix my women and sports)...Joe bets he gets a second date.

Who Knows, maybe this guy does not want a second date...our nonverbal behavior is a good indicator as to where our hearts lay...maybe he has little desire for her company.  Perhaps he's married to a fantastical world of baseball...its great to fantasize about sports, just not on a first date...if he ever wanted to see her again!


P.S. What is the Difference between a Golf ball and a G spot? A man will spend a half hour looking for a Golf ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment