Friday, August 19, 2011

King of Ithaca

This weekend threatens me with a barrage of freaks, midgets, sirens, giants, prophets, Lotus Eaters, A Six666Headed666Monster, plus a few cannibals and many witches....perhaps I'll be lucky enough to tango with a cyclops. Seven Years Stranded with Calypso...poor me, right? I will be reliving Ulysses journey back home...will I be able to string my Bow and shoot it through a dozen axe heads?
In the chronicles of Dante, founded in his Inferno of the Divine Comedy...he encounters Odysseus near the very bottom of Hell walking around wrapped in flame in the Eighth Ring of the Eighth Circle...the Home of the fraudulent repenting his sins of Guilt...In the final Journey...Driven with an unquenched thirst of immortal awareness
"Men are not made to live like Brutes...but to follow Knowledge and Virtue"

Steely Sings
"Home at Last"

No comments:

Post a Comment